theo just launched 5 new models in aluminium: Accaribo, Weipa, Caemi, Awasa and Paranam. Not only is this material absolutely beautiful and are the colours stunning, aluminium also has a lot of advantages:
- You can create volume without adding weight. These frames look heavy but due to the specific gravity of aluminium, they stay comfortable. To give an example, the specific gravity of aluminium is 2.755 g/cm³, steel is 7.86 g/cm³ and titanium 4.6 g/cm³.
- Aluminium doesn’t contain nickel so you needn’t worry about allergic reactions.
- It has a natural oxide layer and so it’s rustproof.
- Aluminium is 100% recyclable and therefore very sustainable.
- Because of its low melting temperature, the frame is easily adjustable for a perfect fit.
Aluminium is not the most flexible material but we came up with some tailor-made, flexible hinges for the ultimate comfort.
If you look closely you’ll see that the shape of the lens differs from the shape of the frame. A typical theo twist to say the least.